The Past holds value: Marc Jacobs "Greatest-Hits" and Michael Jackson's Iconic Fashion "On Sale"!

I have been having such a tough week at college with an array of skirts to make with the weirdest and wackiest design developments i can POSSIBLY think of... Where do i go for my inspiration? Back in time of course! Talking about going back in time, while playing a game of Chinese whispers, my friend told me that Marc Jacobs is releasing a collection of their greatest design made since the design house started way back in 2001. It's like releasing a Greatest Hits album! *luurvee* The new line can be expected in spring next year.
But I wonder what all he could put in the capsule collection? Oh and here are some old pictures of  Marc by Marc Jacobs shows *gasp*
SS 2007-08

Autumn Winter 2003-04
Autumn Winter 2002-03

SS 2001-02 (the First ever Marc by Marc Jacobs Show!)
Michael Jackson... The legend... Now honored by the Fashion World! Vogue, UK reports that The Jackson 5 will soon release their own fashion line called the J5. They will pay tribute to the "iconic stage costumes" of their late brother, Michael Jackson. Personally I cant wait for the replica of the jacket he wore in the thriller video! *passes out*
Jackie Jackson told WWD, 
"I didn't really think of them as tributes to Michael in the beginning, but that's what they are. They represent everything he stood for and everything he's done in this industry, 100 per cent."
Fashion houses like Balmain and Givenchy have paid tribute to MJ in the past. How different will the new "authentic" (as I would call it) collection be? Well, I sure hope it turns out to be a "THRILLER"!!
Balmain A/W 2009-10 (The t shirt MJ wore)

The iconic crystal studded glove.

The red jacket from the Thriller song. (My fave)
The collection will soon be available here: http://www.j5collection.com/

Fashion. Love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment